Saturday, April 20, 2013

R.I.P Winter!

Well, it's middle of April already and it looks like days of the 2012/2013 season are numbered. All of the mountains that I have visited are now closed, except of one, Mount Show. These guys are located in Vermont, while the rest of the mountains are mostly spread out in upstate NY. Sadly, it's time to say goodbye to winter.

As for the season summary for me, I guess I could say it was successful. I went out 9 times and tried many mountains. Mostly I snowboarded in Belleayre, however Windham, Mountain Creek, Camelback and Mount Snow will see my comeback in the upcoming season. I've been boarding for 3 seasons now and I can say with confidence that this is the one that mattered the most. Previously I'd go 2 maybe 3 times per season, but now me and my friends pushed ourselves (and our wallets) and just went for it. I learned many new things, few tricks, improved my riding, bought some gear, and acquired unforgettable memories. Although I ended up in crutches by the end, I still can tell you that it was an enjoyable season.

Throughout the summer I'll do my best to recuperate from my injury and work out to be in better shape for winter 2013/2014. You see, the next winter will be epic. I gain more and more motivation each day just as my friends do, and we are planning to go big or go home for the next season. So it looks like i'll be either a great snowboarder or end up in crutches again. I'm just kidding about the crutches. It's in my best intentions to progress even more and have a blast in 2013/2014.

If you still have snow in your resorts, and you'll be riding soon,you're in lucky.

That's it for now, let's find some nice and exciting summer activities! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment